Dating 101: 5 Foolproof Dating Tips
Are you about to go on your very first date? Congratulations! Get ready to embark on the “dating scene.” You may be feeling a little nervous or unsure, but if you’ll stay cool and keep these tips in mind, you shouldn’t have any problems!
- Be Yourself. Don’t try to be someone else. If you’re a bookish intellectual, then don’t all of a sudden become a gregarious and crazy silly girl. You’re on a date with this boy because he saw something about you (it could be because you’re so dang smart!), so don’t be anyone else but the best version of yourself. Besides, your true self will eventually surface anyway!
- Have fun. Chances are high that this won’t be your first and only date. You’ll likely go on lots of different dates and meet all kinds of guys with distinct personalities throughout the course of your lifetime. It’s great! You’ll learn so much about yourself as well as other people, so think of each date as an exciting, new adventure.
- Smile and Laugh. Boys love girls with a good sense of humor. Often times, we embarrass easily, but we shouldn’t take life so seriously. Guys are attracted to people who have a fun-loving attitude and happy demeanor. Don’t forget – boys like to have fun, too, so they’ll want to hang out with any girl that can make them laugh.
- Listen! Don’t spend the entire date talking about yourself and thinking about only you. It’s not good to be so self-conscious, and guys have radar for this! They like girls who they can talk to! Keep in mind, if the conversation is one-sided, it won’t go very far for long.
- Look your Best. Everyone notices when someone’s taken the time to spruce themselves up! From your make-up to your clothes to your nails (Fing’rs has you covered!)… all the little details count. Plus, when you look nice, you’ll feel better and prettier about yourself, and confidence goes a long way!